Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm Back

Well, I've taken a bit of a break from my Healthy Living blog (I know, it's been a year). This past year has been wonderful, busy, exciting, stressful, blessed and flown by faster than I can believe. My lack of posting has not been due to lack of healthy living, in fact I have implemented many new things to my lifestyle. Running has always been one of those things I could never do, however, in the last year and a half I have become a runner and am enjoying it very much. There is nothing like going out for a long in the mornings to start out your day. I have also discovered ZUMBA which has added a lot of "funness" in my life. If you haven't tried it you should. One other big difference I have made is that I have been eating gluten free for the past six months. I decided to make the change after researching the subject and believing it is the best option for me. I do not recommend eating completely gluten free for everyone unless there is obvious reason to do so, however, I do believe that in general we eat much to much gluten. Gluten is everywhere, tucked away in foods that you probably don't realize. Gluten can be difficult for your body to digest and more and more people are finding out that they have an intolerance to gluten. I do highly recommend cutting back on gluten and being more aware of how much you are eating. The majority of my recipes will be gluten free as well as vegan, however, feel free to adjust the recipes in anyway including using wheat flour where I will call for an alternative. I have found brown rice flour to be very interchangeable with wheat flour and my mill has been invaluable when it comes to milling my own flours from the grain of choice. I again apologize for my lack of posting and hope that this blog will continue to inspire and help you on your journey to healthy living.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I just looked at the dates. It has been exactly one year!

    ReplyDelete