Monday, February 2, 2009

My version of Grandma Moser's Apple Cookies

My favorite cookies growing up were Grandma Moser's applesauce cookies, especially right out of the freezer. They are so great. Here is my version.

3 ¼ to 3 ½ cups wheat flour
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves
½ tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup evaporated cane juice crystals
1 cup sucanat
2 tsp. baking soda (stir soda into applesauce)
1 cup earth balance
4 T flax egg
2 cups applesauce
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup nuts
1 cup tropical source choc. chips or carob chips
2 cups raisins or craisins

In bowl, mix flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, sea salt and baking powder. Set aside. In mixing bowl, combine sugars, applesauce (mixed with soda), earth balance and flax egg. Add flour mixture and mix well. Spoon onto greased baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 7-10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. My Grandma Maughan made applesauce cookies too! It was the first cookie I was able to give my son because it doesn't contain any dairy---yeah! Your husband, Calvin, gave me your blog address because I mentioned that my son also has a dairy allergy (we grew up together here in Idaho). Thank you for the great recipes!

    ReplyDelete