Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Broccoli Salad Italiano


1 bunch broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted in 1 cup hot water
1/4 red onion, sliced into thin slivers
small handful sun-dried black olives, chopped
Dressing:
2 TB balsamic or red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp. basil, dried (or 2 tsp. fresh)
pinch red pepper flakes
pinch salt
Steam broccoli until crisp tender.
Drain tomatoes, dice
Mix broccoli, tomatoes, onion, and olives.
Mix dressing ingredients in a jar. Shake well to blend. Pour over broccoli salad.

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog from a friend's blog, and I love it! I thought it was only fair to share my health & fitness blog with you. It is:
    http://marathonofmotherhood.blogspot.com/
    Thanks for all your work here, the food looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your blog information. It is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying this recipe this week. I looks great! Can you post your recipe for Potato Salad? I know it's not really "potato salad season", I've been craving yours as I dream of spring and summer finally coming again.

    ReplyDelete